Category:United States History
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Founding Fathers (3 P)
- ► Gilded Age (7 P)
- ► Jacksonian America (5 P)
- ► Reconstruction (5 P)
Pages in category "United States History"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 246 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- A Consumers’ Republic - Book Review
- A War of Frontier and Empire: The Philippine-American War, 1899-1902 - Book Review
- Interview:African American Soldiers During the Civil War: Interview with Author Bob Luke
- African American Women's History Top Ten Booklist
- American Civil War Biographies Top Ten Booklist
- American Girls in Red Russia: Interview with Julia Mickenberg
- American Legal History Top Ten Booklist
- American Revolution Top Ten Booklist
- American Surveillance: Interview with Anthony Gregory
- Angels of the Underground: Interview with Theresa Kaminski
- Hiroshima: Why America Dropped the Atomic Bomb - Book Review
- Hodges' Scout: Interview with Len Travers
- Hollywood and Communism: How Did ''The Treasure of the Sierra Madre'' Support Marxist Ideology?
- How accurate is the movie J. Edgar?
- How did "Stonewall" Jackson die?
- How did American Filibusterers try to acquire territory for the United States in Latin America?
- How did American football develop?
- How Did Art Propagate Slavery in 19th Century America?
- How did Charles Mahan's "The Influence of Sea Power" shape American Foreign Policy?
- How did Edwin Drake create the World's first oil well?
- How did eugenics develop and why did it persist into the late 20th Century?
- How did Father's Day develop?
- How Did God Influence the Wounded in the American Civil War?
- How did Great Britain win the French Indian War (Seven Years War)?
- How did higher education develop in the United States?
- How did illegal abortions spur the push for medical licensing in the 19th Century?
- How did Memorial Day develop?
- How did Mother's Day develop?
- How did Oregon pass Medical Licensing Laws?
- How Did Slavery Develop?
- How Did Southern Belles Help Dispel Their Own Stereotype?
- How Did Spy Services Develop in the United States?
- How Did St. Clair’s Defeat Happen?
- How did the 'Malaise' Period of Struggle in the 1970s Occur in the United States?
- How Did the Battle of Culloden Change British and American History?
- How Did the Battle of South Mountain Alter the Course of the American Civil War?
- How did the Citizen Genet Affair derail relations between the United States and France?
- How did the Civil Rights Movement Begin?
- How Did the Great Depression and the Vietnam War Help Shape the Hollywood Western?
- How did the hamburger develop into a popular food?
- How did the Kennedy Administration avoid war with the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- How did the Kennedy Administration respond to the Laos Crisis between 1960-1963?
- How did the marathon emerge?
- How did the Napoleonic Wars in Europe cause the War of 1812?
- How did the North prevent the Diplomatic Recognition of the South during the Civil War?
- How Did the Nullification Crisis of 1832-1833 Impact American History?
- How did the Spanish American War of 1898 turn the United States into a Pacific Power?
- How did the telegraph change American Diplomacy in the 19th Century?
- How did the Treaty of Paris of 1783 end the American Revolution?
- How did the United States acquire Florida?
- How did the United States and Great Britain eliminate their dueling navies on the Great Lakes and establish their borders in 1818?
- How did the United States and USSR react to the Francis Gary Powers U2 incident?
- How did the United States Escalate the Vietnam War?
- How did the United States open Japan to trade in 1853?
- How did the United States react to France's takeover of Mexico during the Civil War?
- How did the United States react to the French Revolution?
- How did the United States react to the Suez Crisis in 1956?
- How did the United States respond to the Taiwan Straits Crises in the 1950s?
- How did the XYZ Affair lead to the Quasi-War between France and the United States?
- How Did Thomas Francis Meagher Really Die?
- How did Yellow Journalism lead to the Spanish-American War?
- How do you study the history of espionage?
- How has our understanding of Democracy changed?
- How have Historians' perceptions of Native Americans changed?
- How have immigration and citizenship changed in the U.S.?
- How have the relations between the United States of America and Russia changed since 1776?
- How historically accurate is the movie 'Tora, Tora, Tora'?
- How Historically Accurate is the movie Gangs of New York?
- How historically accurate is the movie The Longest Day?
- How the Irish Became White - Book Review
- How was the United Nations formed after World War Two?
- Interview:Pigs, Parks, and Power in the Antebellum City: Interview with Catherine McNeur
- Playing Indian by Philip Deloria
- Political Parties and American Political Development from the Age of Jackson to the Age of Lincoln - Book Review
- Popular Culture in the Age of White Flight - Book Review
- Pox Americana by Elizabeth Fenn - Book Review
- Presidential Leadership Top Ten Booklist
- Privateering during the War of 1812: Interview with Faye M. Kert
- Public Health and the Risk Factor by William Rothstein
- The Abraham Lincoln Brigade: the Historiography of the American soldiers in the Spanish American War
- The Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798: Interview with Terri Halperin
- The American Political Tradition - Book Review
- The Assassin's Accomplice by Kate Clifford Larson - Book Review
- The Best Historians and Books According to James McPherson
- The Cold War, Sexuality, and American Medicine: Interview with Carolyn Herbst Lewis
- The Conspiracy of Free Trade: Interview with Marc-William Palen
- The Hays Code, Gangsters, and Prohibition: How did 1934 change Hollywood?
- Interview:The History of Music Piracy: Interview with Alex Sayf Cummings
- The Middle Ground: Indians, Empires, and Republics in the Great Lakes Region, 1650-1815 - Book Review
- The Mysterious Illness of Jim Bowie: How Did He Contribute to His Own Decline?
- The Myth of the Lost Cause and Civil War History - Book Review
- The Other Founders by Saul Cornell - Book Review
- The Rabbi's Atheist Daughter: Interview with Bonnie S. Anderson
- The Radicalism of the American Revolution - Book Review
- The Red River War, 1874-1875: What Were the Events that Led to the Uprising?
- The Vietnam Wars 1945-1990 - Book Review
- The Visible Saints - Book Review
- This Republic of Suffering - Book Review
- Thomas Jefferson, the Founding Fathers and Christianity: Interview with Sam Haselby
- Top Ten Books on the Bubonic Plague
- Top Ten Books on the History of Reconstruction
- Top Ten History of Voting Rights Booklist
- Was 'Moby Dick' based on real historical events?
- Was Joel Poinsett an Agent of Empire and a Patron of Science?
- Was the Constitution Pro-Slavery
- Were Members of the Underground Railroad Criminals?
- What are the "Six Flags" that have Flown over Texas?
- What are the Monroe Doctrine and the Roosevelt Corollary?
- What are the origins of Labor Day?
- What are the Origins of the Abolitionist Movement?
- What Did Black Politicians Accomplish during the Reconstruction Era?
- What happened at the "Big Three" conferences between the Allies during World War II?
- What is the Bracero Program?
- What is the History of Civil Rights Legislation in the United States?
- What is the history of government shutdowns in the United States?
- What Is the History of Ice Cream?
- What is the history of impeachment in the United States?
- What is the history of socialism in the United States?
- What is the history of summer camps in the United States?
- What is the history of the playground?
- What is the History of US Presidential Scandals?
- What Is the Legacy of the 1993 Waco Tragedy?
- What is the significance of the 1968 East L.A. Walkouts?
- What Mistakes did the Allies make during Operation Overlord on D-Day?
- What Role did the Motorcycle and Harley-Davidson play in Wartime?
- What Started the Catholic Worker Movement during the Great Depression?
- What was George Washington's military experience before the American Revolution?
- What was Lend-Lease and how did it provide Aid to US Allies at the start of World War II?
- What was lynching?
- What was the Albany Plan Union of 1754?
- What was the dominant medical sect in the United States during the 19th Century?
- What was the Eisenhower Doctrine of 1957?
- What was the First Wave Feminist Movement?
- What Was the Importance of Bill Mauldin to WWII Infantrymen?
- What was the purpose of the Committee of Secret Correspondence during the American Revolution?
- What Was the Role of Hood's Texas Brigade at the Battle of Gaines's Mill?
- What was the Second Great Awakening?
- What was the Second Wave Feminist Movement?
- What was the Significance of the 1874 Second Battle of Adobe Walls in Texas?
- What was the Third Wave Feminist Movement?
- What was the United States role in founding Liberia?
- What Were the Circumstances Surrounding the Battle of the Washita River?
- What were the diplomatic consequences of the US victory in the Civil War?
- What were the events that led to the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo of 1848?
- What were the historical events that led to the United States involvement in the Vietnam War?
- What were the International Consequences of the Union Victory in 1865?
- What were the major United States slave revolts?
- What were the Neutrality Acts and why did the Roosevelt Administration favor them?
- What Were the Results of the Second Seminole War?
- When did abortion become legal in the United States?
- When did Americans begin to get obsessed with weight loss?
- When did interracial marriage become legal in the United States?
- When Did Jackie Robinson Integrate Baseball and Why Is It Important?
- When did political parties emerge?
- When did the First Heart Transplant take place?
- When did we start sterilizing people in the United States?
- When were doctors first licensed in California?
- Where did the concept of Human Rights come from?
- Which Guns Won the American West?
- Who integrated the NBA?
- Who was Basketball’s Jackie Robinson?
- Why did African Americans join the British Army during the American Revolution?
- Why Did American Colonists Become United Against England?
- Why did diplomatic relations between the United States and Japan worsen at the beginning of the 20th Century?
- Why did France sell the Louisiana Purchase to the United States?
- Why did France side with the American Colonies during the American Revolution?