Newer edit →
British Criminal and Legal History Top Ten Booklist
3,926 bytes added
05:03, 25 July 2016
Created British booklist
1. Cox, David and Barry Godfrey. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Policing-Factory-Private-Deviance-Punishment-ebook/dp/B00BCIQQV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469421515&sr=8-1&keywords=policing+the+factory Policing the Factory: Theft, Private Policing and Law in Modern England]</i> (Bloomsbury, 2014). Much of British criminal history focuses on victims and offenders before various courts of law. Cox and Godfrey bring to light a variety of workplace thefts and discuss how the law operated within the private work force. They build upon rich sources that include newspaper comments, case studies, memoirs, and archival statistics. Cox and Godfrey also analyze what these localized legal encounters meant for citizens in a modern England.
2. D’Cruz, Shani and Louise Jackson. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Women-Justice-England-Gender-History-ebook/dp/B00F3ZCLPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469421665&sr=8-1&keywords=Women%2C+Crime+and+Justice+in+England+Since+1660 Women, Crime and Justice in England Since 1660]</i> (Palgrave Macmillan, 2009).
3. Emsley, Clive. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Crime-Society-England-British-History/dp/140585863X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469421789&sr=8-1&keywords=Crime+and+Society+in+England%2C+1750-1900 Crime and Society in England, 1750-1900]</i> (Pearson Longman, 2010)
4. Gray, Drew D. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Crime-Policing-Punishment-England-1660-1914/dp/1441117652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469421941&sr=8-1&keywords=Crime%2C+Policing+and+Punishment+in+England%2C+1660-1914 Crime, Policing and Punishment in England, 1660-1914]</i> (Bloomsbury Acadmic, 2016)
5. Kilday, Anne-Marie and David Nash. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Histories-Crime-1600-2000-Anne-Marie-Kilday/dp/0230224709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422010&sr=8-1&keywords=Kilday%2C+Anne-Marie+and+David+Nash.+Histories+of+Crime%3A+Britain+1600-2000 Histories of Crime: Britain 1600-2000]</i> (Palgrave Macmillan, 2010).
6. King, Peter. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Crime-Justice-Discretion-England-1740-1820-ebook/dp/B002EZZ4F0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422153&sr=8-1&keywords=King%2C+Peter.+Crime%2C+Justice%2C+and+Discretion+in+England%2C+1740-1820.+%28Oxford+University+Press%2C+2000%29 Crime, Justice, and Discretion in England, 1740-1820]</i> (Oxford University Press, 2000)
7. Lemmings, David, ed. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Courtrooms-Public-Sphere-Britain-1700-1850/dp/1409418030/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422210&sr=8-1&keywords=Crime%2C+Courtrooms+and+the+Public+Sphere+in+Britain%2C+1700-1850 Crime, Courtrooms and the Public Sphere in Britain, 1700-1850]</i> (Routledge, 2012)
8. McGowen, Randall. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Perreaus-Mrs-Rudd-betrayal-eighteenth-century/dp/B000VZMDW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422275&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Perreaus+and+Mrs.+Rudd%3A+Forgery+and+Betrayal+in+Eighteenth-Century+London The Perreaus and Mrs. Rudd: Forgery and Betrayal in Eighteenth-Century London]</i> (University of California Press, 2001)
9. Palk, Dierdre. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Judicial-Discretion-1780-1830-Historical-Society/dp/086193282X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422435&sr=8-1&keywords=Gender%2C+Crime+and+Judicial+Discretion%2C+1780-1830 Gender, Crime and Judicial Discretion, 1780-1830]</i> (Royal Historical Society/Boydell Press, 2005)
10. Ward, Richard. <i>[https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Justice-18th-Century-Deviance-Punishment/dp/1474276431/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469422603&sr=8-1&keywords=Print+Culture%2C+Crime+and+Justice+in+18th-Century+London Print Culture, Crime and Justice in 18th-Century London]</i> (Bloomsbury Academic, 2016)
[[Category:Booklists]] [[Category:British History]] [[Category:History Booklists]] [[Category:Legal History]]
<div class="portal" style="width:85%;">
==Related DailyHistory.org Articles==
*[[Social History of American Medicine Top Ten Booklist]]
*[[American Legal History Top Ten Booklist]]
Retrieved from "
Amazon Affiliate Program